Comair is a proudly South African employer of 2200 employees.
The current situation with NUMSA is not ideal, however, we would like to assure all our valued customers that we are working around the clock to ensure minimal disruptions to their travel plans.
We remain committed to engaging with NUMSA to reach a resolution in the best interests of all our stakeholders. The CCMA has worked hard to secure a Commissioner to mediate this matter and have now confirmed the 20th of December 2018, as opposed to January 2019 for this mediation. Comair welcomes this development.
Comair’s number one priority will be the safety and the security of its employees and customers.
During this time, we will be communicating with our customers using multiple channels including email, sms, our websites and social media platforms.
In addition, contingency plans have been put in place which include the following measures:
- Comair will call as many customers as possible 72 hours before departure to facilitate check in;
- Additional bag drop counters have been provided; and
- Employees from across the Comair business have volunteered to assist over this busy period.
We are calling on all customers to support us during this period and would like to encourage our customers to:
- Check flight status online
- Check in online, or at the self-service kiosks at the airports. Online check-in opens 24 hours prior to departure;
- Arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to departure; and
- Drop bags at the bag drop counters
Thank you for your understanding and support during this challenging time.
Please visit www.comair.co.za for the latest updates.