We're committed to protecting the environment and conserving natural resources by using these resources in an effective and responsible way.
Our business adopts sound environmental methods, and through the use of new technology and practices we're able to perform on lower carbon emissions.
Carbon Reduction Initiatives
We embarked on the following initiatives to reduce our
- Fuel efficient aircraft - The new generation B737-800 aircraft offer better performance and fuel efficiency, reduced noise on take-off and landing, and lower engine emissions.
- Reduced weight for better fuel consumption – A programme to reduce weight onboard the aircraft such as: a paperless cockpit, less weight in the aircraft galleys, and less potable water carried onboard.
- Continuous Descent Approach (CDA) - In conjunction with Air Traffic Control, we implemented an optimised method of descent designed to achieve better fuel efficiency and reduce the impact of noise.
- Ground power units – As opposed to auxiliary power units at the stands and parking bays, the use of ground power units serve to reduce fuel consumption and noise.
- Energy efficient light fittings and globes have reduced electricity consumption.
- Reduced water consumption – Our Head Office and Operations Building uses borehole water and uncontrollable water leakages and garden irrigation is monitored.